Episode 31 of the podcast covers legal options for disinformation and deepfakes with Matthew Ferraro, Counsel at WilmerHale.
- Question 1 (01:06): On Twitter, LeBron James mentioned that he is trying to figure out what his legal options are. What do you tell him?
- Question 2 (06:27): We’ve heard many cases of deepfakes in the business setting. What are practical measures companies and individuals can take to avoid being victims?
- Question 3 (07:40): What are the motivations of the attackers?
- Question 4 (14:06): Is legislation on track to help?
- Question 5 (20:35): What are other possible solutions to these problems—from technology to detect deepfakes, to how the news media should respond, to what platforms can do?