The Cyber5 Podcast
Legal Options for Disinformation and Deepfakes with Counsel at WilmerHale Matthew Ferraro
Episode 31 of the podcast covers legal options for disinformation and deepfakes with Matthew Ferraro, Counsel at WilmerHale.
- Question 1 (01:06): On Twitter, LeBron James mentioned that he is trying to figure out what his legal options are. What do you tell him?
- Question 2 (06:27): We’ve heard many cases of deepfakes in the business setting. What are practical measures companies and individuals can take to avoid being victims?
- Question 3 (07:40): What are the motivations of the attackers?
- Question 4 (14:06): Is legislation on track to help?
- Question 5 (20:35): What are other possible solutions to these problems—from technology to detect deepfakes, to how the news media should respond, to what platforms can do?
Episode 31 | November 5, 2020