The Cyber5 Podcast
Cybersecurity Blocking, Tackling, and Intelligence Use for Medium Enterprise with Logix CTO Shane Schilling
Episode 25 of the podcast with Logix Communications CTO Shane Schilling covers important blocking and tackling steps to take in information security for medium-sized organizations, and where threat intelligence can be applied in a focused manner.
- (01:22) Question 1: Being in the telco space, there are infinite amount of resources that large companies have at their disposal. What are the primary disciplines or categories you’ve used to define blocking and tackling for small enterprise?
- (03:15) Question 2: What are tools and logging that is critical for you to maintain in the case of an incident and how do you weight the risk vs cost?
- (05:10) Question 3: What kind of threat keeps you up at night and how do you take the measured and appropriate steps to combat those threats?
- (06:40) Question 4: When you’ve conducted M&A activity, what are the critical items you are reviewing from a security perspective? Anything you wish you would have done differently from a security perspective?
- (09:45) Question 5: Understanding small enterprise needs to be lean, where can intelligence that alerts and mitigates risk overall be useful?
Episode 25 | September 24, 2020