Episode 14 of the podcast covers techniques and tradecraft of open source intelligence and investigations. How these investigations can help businesses and executives avoid online crimes and where automation plays a helping hand with Mike Eller, Director of Threat Investigations at Nisos.
- (00:44) Intro
- (02:51) Question 1: What is the difference between a cyber threat intelligence analyst and an OSINT investigator?
- (04:22) Question 2: What are some general skillsets you need to be a good online investigator and what kinds of security problems do you solve?
- (09:50) Question 3: Many people don’t know where to start when they are being scammed, extorted, or hacked. What are the methodologies you’d like to spread to level the playing field? Examples?
- (13:57) Question 4: What can executives know about removing PII from the internet to protect themselves from physical and cyber attacks?
- (16:50) Question 5: What kinds of interesting datasets are out there in this profession? Where is automation helpful?
- (23:39) Closing