Episode 16 of the podcast covers actionable advice for companies around risk management especially third-party due diligence, privacy, network security, and vulnerabilities with Michael Gold, Partner at Jeffer Mangles Butler & Mitchell.
- (00:08) Intro
- (00:55) Question 1: What advice would you give to companies in how to think about cyber risk - whether through data management, compliance or processes themselves? Can and should this risk even be quantified?
- (05:15) Question 2: M&A issues around data mapping: How should companies think about integration issues when acquiring legacy data of a target company? For example, should companies ask for reps and warranties around that data? Can companies be advised to properly determine indemnification amounts?
- (12:02) Question 3: How should organizations be building teams to work through these issues - whether internal or external? What are the characteristics of teams and vendors that are effectively addressing cyber risk on behalf of organizations? What do you look for in a vendor for clients?
- (19:14) Question 4: We think about regulations including CCPA, GDPR, and requirements pushed down through various industries - how should companies be thinking about compliance? How do third parties play into this?
- (22:40) Question 5: How are you seeing the work from home movement affecting cyber risk and how should companies be evaluating their security stances and policies in light of the remote workforce reality we find ourselves in?